Saturday, August 20, 2011

I Have a New Neighbor

And boy is he sullen. This ought to be a lot of fun.

I mean, I do get why he's lacking in optimism, having been a Marine in Afghanistan, but still, shouldn't there be some pride in the job he's done to help keep America safe? I know I'm in a minority on these wars nowadays, but the job of our military is to protect us from foreign threats, and the Middle East is where our greatest threats are. I have no doubt of the outcome. God is on our side. So long as we continue to support Israel, God will continue to favor us. I have no doubt our economic troubles are directly tied to our moves away from Israel.

My neighbor's name is Steve, and to be honest, he looks like he could break me in two. Not because he's overly-muscled, like some body-builder, but because he has to be the sleekest, strongest-looking man I have ever seen. He commands whatever place he's in and makes you feel small in it. His eyes stare past you when he talks to you, as though he's looking far off at some horror he can't describe, but is too strong to break down over, or even to show he's interested in it.

He didn't come with much. He's Spartan in more ways than one, it seems. (He could have been an extra in 300, that's for sure!) We spent about ten minutes introducing ourselves to each other, then he went into his room and shut his door. I hope he'll open up a bit. I'd love to hear some of his stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Leave a message.